Back and Refreshed
Oh the joys of coming back from vacation and being greeted with a slew of emails from clients and software vendors. However, the time getting caught up was well worth that week off. I am now back into the swing of things this Wednesday morning.
While I was away I was guilty of looking at a few emails to see what was going on at the firm. I also dealt with a client issue (please see my previous blog “Tech on Vacation”). Other than these couple items my vacation was a time to relax and have fun with family. It also gave me time to reflect on various aspects of my career and use my parents as a sounding board for different ideas.
Reflection should be used at some point in time by small business owners to look at past results to help point yourself in a better direction moving forward. Some good questions that I like to ask myself are as follows:
- Am I happy with the current situation?
- What is currently working and not working well?
- How can things be improved?
- Is there anything in the situation that is uncontrollable?
- What can I do to change things and how should I implement changes?
Want to know more?